For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) (Acts), the data controller is Ogilvy Group with registered company number 22248 of 6 Ely Place, Dublin 2.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The time and date of your visit;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of contacting us, uploading a CV, requesting further services, requesting information from us and submitting comments. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- When you access our Site, your computer’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our Site. This information may be used to help us to improve our Site and the services we offer.
Security of Data
We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organisation. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF YOUR DATA
We use your Data that we hold to:
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (see MARKETING below);
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Irish Companies Act 1963 (as amended).
We may disclose your Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Ogilvy Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your Data held by it may be one of the transferred assets;
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You may request in writing copies of your Data held by us as data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the Data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after the request in writing. There may be a charge to access your Data (this charge will not exceed €6.35). We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at 6 Ely Place, Dublin 2 and DataComplianceOfficer@ogilvy.com.
We endeavour to keep your Data accurate, complete and up to date. If your Data that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request and notify you within 40 days of your request that the relevant action has been taken. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at 6 Ely Place, Dublin 2 and DataComplianceOfficer@ogilvy.com.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our Site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at 6 Ely Place, Dublin 2 and DataComplianceOfficer@ogilvy.com.