- Officially launch the Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny to a local and national audience
- Emphasise Smithwick’s 300 years of brewing experience, heritage and craftsmanship
WH devised a campaign to launch Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny to stakeholders, including national and local media, local businesses, local residents and Kilkenny County Council. The plan was three-phased to ensure each and every stakeholder felt part of the process right from the start.
- Series of stakeholder ‘sneak preview’ launch events showcasing SEK to a wide audience through intimate VIP hosting
- Official launch day which included creative photocall and evening event with Mayor of Kilkenny, Diageo Country Manager David Smith, key media, local celebrities and sportspersons. The history of Smithwick’s was brought to life through a highly visual photocall with three actors dressed as Franciscan Monks which achieved excellent cut through in national media
- Media relations sell-in of colour feature pieces
The launch of Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny was extremely successful. Local stakeholders enjoyed a sneak preview of the experience before the general public and indeed media which was very well received. The launch event was attended by over 150 guests who were blown away by the experience including the Mayor of Kilkenny, local politicians and businesspeople.
The launch of Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny achieved in excess of 2.5million media impressions and coverage across print, national and regional broadcast media driving awareness across media channels.