Payzone is one of Europe’s largest branded payments networks, delivering a wide range of payment services in six European countries including Ireland, the UK, Germany, Sweden, Greece and Romania. Its product portfolio is based on a network of 66,000 retailer point of sale agents and includes a comprehensive solution encompassing online and mobile payments.
Wilson Hartnell has been working closely with Payzone to address a number of key communications objectives as follows:
- To clearly re-position and enhance Payzone’s reputation following a restructuring and new investment in the business
- To build Payzone’s profile amongst key stakeholders across various business sectors.
- To generate positive publicity for Payzone.
Following an in-depth communications workshop, we implemented the following approach:
- Communicated the ‘new’ Payzone – WH worked to communicate the company’s current management team, strategy and performance objectives. This was done primarily through a series of high profile corporate interviews for members of the senior management team and thought leadership editorial pieces in retail, business and public sector media.
- Illustrated Payzone’s product portfolio to new audiences through a series of new product/service announcements and contract wins.
- Developed an issues management system to pre-empt and manage any issues/negative publicity.
- WH protected and promoted the company’s share of voice in major joint client initiatives where they may previously have not been mentioned in the publicity.
- Worked with Payzone to advise on new website and social media activity.
WH has successfully worked with Payzone to rebuild its brand and position the company as an innovative market leader. Payzone’s role in major joint initiatives is more widely recognised and the company’s management has created relationships with key business , technology, retail and public sector media. In terms of publicity achieved for Payzone, the company has enjoyed a significant increase in the level of media coverage and has been featured across a broad range of print publications, including The Irish Times, The Irish Independent, Irish Examiner, Sunday Business Post, Business Ireland, Public Sector Times, Public Sector Magazine, Shelflife, Retail News.