WH is looking for an enthusiastic, competent and creative intern to join its busy Consumer practice.
WH’s Consumer division works with a portfolio of outstanding Irish and international brand names.
Clients range from F&B, travel, fashion, retail, financial services, and hospitality.
An intern at WH will have a keen interest in public relations, writing, the media and influencer landscape, and will be looking to kickstart their career in the PR world.
Previous work experience will be a benefit but not mandatory. The contract for an intern will be for one year with potential to progress to extend the internship.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in learning about the media and social media landscape in Ireland and a passion for the latest trends. We want our interns to have the best experience! We want you to feel like part of our team and get a sense of what we do throughout the business.
If you are interested in working with one of the best communications agencies in Dublin, please send your CV and a short cover note about why you would like to begin your career at WH to: Alison.email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm, Friday, 4 June, 2021.
Under the supervision of an Account Executive or Account Manager an Intern is expected to:
- Perform day to day client account work which will normally include: media monitoring, drafting a wide range of written materials, assisting in co-ordinating events and developing and maintaining client and media contacts
- Be fully familiar with WH’s communications plans for client accounts and get to understand each clients’ business, PR objectives etc.
- Act as a liaison between outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., employees, media, interest groups).
- Meet and communicate with all colleagues and suppliers in a professional, positive and appropriate manner.
- Be generally familiar with the work of other account teams and other Ogilvy businesses in the building.
- Draft sound, credible documents such as client memos, contact reports, news releases, case histories, backgrounders, brochures and other materials – paying attention to proof reading.
- Maintain up to date media lists.
- Work towards developing media relations skills by having a strong working knowledge of the media and their needs.
- Contribute informed suggestions, as well as creative and effective answers during team brainstorms.
- Be eager to think of solutions when problems arise. Be digitally and social media savvy and demonstrate real and tangible outcomes in this regard.
- Be familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet search engines.
- Assist in organising photocalls, press conferences, media briefings, media tours.
- Contribute to regular/annual client presentations by assisting with brainstorming and research of ideas, preparing cost estimates and production of presentation materials e.g. on PowerPoint.
- Contribute to the development and presentation of new business programmes for potential and existing clients as requested.
- Study and become familiar with programme strategies and implementation tactics.
- Begin to build his/ her presentation skills.
Initiative & General Management
- Balance his/her workload and tasks and promptly communicate any difficulties in time management or delivery to their immediate manager.
- Communicate effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Demonstrate solid teamwork capabilities.
- Operate with a degree of independence but know when to seek the advice of more senior team members.
- Use sound judgment to anticipate, and take action to avoid, potential workplace and client issues.
- Assist his/her colleagues in problem solving.
- Proactively seek and share information with colleagues and clients e.g. media changes.
- Participate actively in team, staff and client meetings
- Adhere to WH’s and Ogilvy accounts systems e.g. recording of post, taxis and other expenses consistently and accurately.
- Demonstrate a willingness to understand budget development and budget monitoring.
- Contribute to budget development by negotiating with suppliers.
- Complete timesheets daily and otherwise act in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage own time for optimum productivity and maximum billability.
Professional & Personal Development
- Understand and respect the values and work ethic of the company and be happy to incorporate this in his/her day‐to‐day behaviour.
- Take initiative in building her/his own skills and knowledge by seeking out appropriate training opportunities and courses.
- Continually seek out new ways to learn and improve skills.
- Take personal responsibility for own career development and proactively pursue opportunities for enhancing his/her involvement with, and contributions to, the client accounts, fellow team members and the WH consultancy.
We encourage all applicants and are committed to providing an open and safe environment for everyone to thrive at Wilson Hartnell regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, civil status, personality, thinking style, or religious beliefs.
We firmly believe that a racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse workforce, where all perspectives are valued, leads to richer experiences for our people and better outcomes for our clients.
WH especially welcomes applications from students that are on the Access Scheme/ have entered through HEAR , DARE, The Open Doors Initiative and members of other minority groups.