Wilson Hartnell is looking for a motivated Influencer Marketing Practice Lead, based in our beautiful offices in 6 Ely Place, Dublin 2 for the role of Head of Social & Influence.
Wilson Hartnell is the original PR company in Ireland. Established fifty years ago, it could not be considered a traditional agency as it’s an agency constantly evolving. We are social in nature and design. We understand that social and earning influence is much more than just understanding digital channels. We cherish our entrepreneurial spirit and embrace the opportunity to rethink marketing and communications and to challenge the status quo. We are working for many local and international clients including: Guinness, Baileys, IKEA, Marks & Spencer, Boots, Specsavers, McDonald’s and TK Maxx to name a few. We know that our success is a direct result of the talents of the people who work together as a strong, dynamic team.
The Head of Social & Influence should be a broadly capable senior level professional who develops and manages major accounts and is a leader in building and delivering business. The Head of Social & Influence is a seasoned professional with broad-based skills who provides excellent client service. They should be capable of managing programmes and accounts independently and effectively, with little top cover from their Managing Director or Practice Head.
They will have strong client relationships and the confidence of the client organisations. They should be a trail blazer driving the innovation agenda for the company taking our digital and influence offering to a new level and continually making advancements in the area to maintain and grow our skill and client base, thereby developing our reputation as a brilliant PR and Digital agency. They will identify emerging trends that can be applied to client work and will have a unique combination of creative flair, coupled with excellent strategic ability that will drive growth.
The Head of Social & Influence will possess a strong awareness of the commercial side of the business and provide analysis of same on a routine basis. They will develop strong partnerships with the Practice Heads to unlock grow for the company and delivering outstanding campaigns that will be widely recognised by clients and industry peers as world class. They will develop partnerships with the Ogilvy network to enhance our offering locally and in other markets where applicable to drive the business forward.
They will counsel at senior levels, analyse and solves problem, develop programmes, oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products, play a significant business development role, develop people and manage budgets, billing and other financial requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of our influence capability, spearheading the discipline within the company, nurturing the talents of the existing team, and develop even greater levels of specialism. As we grow even further, you will continue to build a team of influence experts positively impacting the work for our clients, the outcomes we can achieve and our credentials in this area.
Working closely with fellow senior leaders in the company, you will focus on developing, delivering, and growing our influence business across the agency. Our influencer proposition covers the full spectrum of influencer work, from celebrities all the way to micro influencers and you will be directly responsible for the ideation, project management and execution of influencer marketing campaigns across assigned work. With a blend of left and right brain thinking, you will be results orientated and help strategically develop best in class ongoing influencer programmes for Wilson Hartnell clients that seamlessly integrates into the overall strategy (owned, earned & paid channels).
Main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction of Influence in the agency.
- Set, agree and meet or exceed the goals and targets for building and delivering on the business.
- Responsible for managing the people assigned to the influence work as part of the broader PR team.
- Create and lead sizeable client projects delivering outstanding creative campaigns that are designed to drive outcomes for clients through influence and social innovation.
- Create and lead marketing and thought leadership around influence to market the capability.
- Oversight of day-to-day running of influencer campaigns, from identification and implementation, overseeing and reporting.
- Actively contribute to the Influencer strategies of our clients: recommend and see-through objectives, targets, action plan, calendar and budget.
- Align and collaborate with the other team members and all other stakeholders internal and external to deliver best in class campaigns for our clients.
- Identify and nurture client appropriate talent opportunities and nurture relationships to help deliver the influencer programmes for clients.
- Responsible for defining the right set of technology for influencer identification, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Maintain and build successful client relationships, selling in ideas and content streams in quick turnaround and fast paced situations.
- Be able to present creative and sell content solutions to internal stakeholders and new and existing clients.
- Responsible for overseeing the influencer database and ensuring it is kept up to date and GDPR compliant.
- Stay up-to-date with cultural/social trends and customers views and attitudes. Responsible for innovating in the influencer field by creating integrated approaches with other disciplines by designing data-driven methodologies and strategies.
- Lead new business pitches, market reviews and competitive trends.
Looking for a candidate with:
- A clear passion for influencer marketing with a minimum of 7 years experience in the field.
- Leadership skill and management experience.
- Strong understanding of paid, owned and earned model and integrated marketing.
- Strong interest and affinity for data and analytics.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in building consistently productive relationships.
- The ability to remain optimistic under pressure.
- Strong experience of key stakeholder management.
- A creative outlook with the ability to achieve the full potential from projects, keeping abreast of and deploying new industry developments and technology.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented and ambitious with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- A keen interest in all things social/PR and an avid follower of relevant news & trends.
At Ogilvy, our people are at the heart of what we do: a creative agency that sparks game-changing ideas across culture and business through collaboration, integrity, and a celebration of self-expression.
We believe in building powerful teams with purpose. This means hiring and nurturing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities and we relentlessly curate transformative initiatives that make our commitment to fairness, and equity a reality.
Our ultimate mission is to leave a positive impact on the world, creating a better future for all, while supporting and uplifting the global communities we serve. This is central to our mantra of Borderless Creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Apply for this role
Your message has been sent. One of the team will be in touch shortly.