Ireland’s leading energy supplier, Electric Ireland is a young brand in a challenging and fiercely competitive market. Confusing “switch and save” messages flood the marketplace. Sponsorships are critical to delivering cut-through and affinity when engaging a large, complex customer base with a functional, seemingly invisible product.
Electric Ireland wanted to build on the legacy of its 2012 sponsorship of Team Ireland delivering an inspirational, integrated, cross-channel activation programme that emotionally connects Irish Olympians with its customers, staff and the nation.
2016 was a challenging year to achieve share of voice. Recognising the challenge of cutting through national and international campaigns around the Olympics and UEFA European Championships, Electric Ireland adopted a three phase campaign from launch through to the Olympics.
The Power Within ME introduced the athletes and #ThePowerWithin to the public. The Power Within YOU encouraged the public to look within themselves to find the Power Within and share their stories. As the Olympics approached we sought to galvanise support and stoke Irish Pride in our Olympians through The Power Within US phase. Finally, whilst the Games were underway we ensured we remained part of the conversation and sought to hero our athletes.
- Total sponsorship awareness is 70%
- Brand most associated with Team Ireland (70%)
- 62 million PR Reach & €6.1 million PR Value
- 150,000 people engaged on social media
- 77% awareness of The Power Within with 47% associating the campaign with Electric Ireland
- 74% surveyed agree that they would recommend Electric Ireland to a friend because of this sponsorship
- 93% feel more positively towards Electric Ireland because of the sponsorship